Friday, June 11, 2010

Revise Effectively ( Final Touches )

You all must be thinking what more is there to revision. I can well understand that frustration takes it all and it drains down any signs for motivation. Once you lose it, your mind wanders in wilderness, with the book in front of you, you begin to think about each and everything lest your studies. You should not let this happen. I'm writing all this non-sense because I have been a victim of it , and I don't want you to become one. So whenever you feel demoralized, demotivated, put your book down or whatever it is that you're doing. Close your eyes and just imagine, just imagine yourself on the result day. Imagine you're holding your certificate, with stellar grades and everyone around you is mesmerized, awe-struck, while your teachers are all the more proud of you. Imagine so vividly as if its the way its going to happen. This should give an outright boost for the next few hours.

Now back to business. To give the final touches to your revision, its time to move on to practice actual exam papers. If you're already done with exam papers of your own board, its time to move on to other boards. I'll let you in on a little secret. CIE and OCR have very similar questions. So much so that i practiced OCR chemistry (AS level) MCQs for my CIE A level exams and found that nearly 8 of them were taken from the OCR's previous papers. I was so relieved and happy to see them , and they pretty much saved me a handful of time to go through my paper twice. For those appearing for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) , doing exam papers from the OCR board after they're finished with their own is a must. If those get finished too, move on to doing Edexcels etc etc. There are 5 boards conducting O and A levels so there's no shortage of practice materials out there :P. Practice until you feel confident that you have an excellent grasp of the syllabus.

I find quite absurd and stupid that some students move on to solve the past papers a few days or just a day before their exams. This is the biggest make a student can make and this is bound to cost him his grade. Please, I repeat please do not leave the past exam papers for the last moment, but solve them at an earlier time, as has been stated in the previous two posts. The last few days before the exam are for you to go through your notes once again and go over the few questions you found the most difficult while you were practicing.

There's not more to revision and I hope I have conveyed all that was required for you to get on revising and revising effectively. If you feel I have left out on anything , then please feel free to give your feedback and I'll make amends in shortest time possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment