Friday, June 11, 2010

Revise Effectively ( 2nd Phase )

By the time you read this, I presume you would have already started off with making effective study notes. If not , do so today!!!!! For those of you who have, its time to move on to the next phase. Once you're done with a preliminary set of notes , do a quick revision. Scan through them, check for any errors, conceptual and grammatical( Trust me you get irritated with wrong spellings, I do!) and try to correct them. Recheck with the syllabus just to make sure you haven't missed out on any learning outcomes. During this period , if you come across any topic you don't understand, don't wait but consult your teacher asap for help.

Finally, you have what it takes to make the grade : Your own study notes. Your own study guide, which trust me will be better than any other book you buy for your final revision just before the exams. It is always wise to keep on memorizing and revising your notes. I used to memorize four or five topics over the weekend and then just before going to bed, make a virtual mind-map with the walls and roof as my virtual pages. Then whenever I was free, I would recite a topic in my heart. This ordeal takes no more than 5 or 6 minutes. I strongly advise you to do the same.

This is it for the 2nd phase , not much to it eh.... but remember to keep on revising and never leave all the revision for the last moment. You should be fully prepared for your exams a month before your exams start.

No comments:

Post a Comment